Thursday, December 14, 2023

Underserved Suffering

Underserved Suffering

1 Peter 2: 18 You servants must submit yourselves to your masters and show them complete respect, not only to those who are kind and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19 God will bless you for this, if you endure the pain of undeserved suffering because you are conscious of his will. 20 For what credit is there if you endure the beatings you deserve for having done wrong? But if you endure suffering even when you have done right, God will bless you for it.

 

============

 

After working hard for years, I ran into that boss. He said and did all the wrong things and was slippery enough to make his employees scapegoats. I was warned about working for him, but I thought I could win him over by being “nice.” I was wrong.

 

  • I ended up suffering while working under him.
  • I questioned GOD for having me go through suffering.
  • I wondered if there would be any relief from suffering.

 

Peter turns to some more difficult words to hear. He suggests that believers understand that they would suffer, just like CHRIST, who had to endure  shame, blame and being murdered. Peter suggests that believers endure so GOD will see the endurance and bless the believer.

 

My Observations:

  • Abuse is not acceptable, BUT GOD sees your suffering and will bless you and I for it.
  • Harsh environments are never welcome, BUT GOD sees the environment you and I have endured and will reward our endurance.
  • Difficult situation are never wanted, BUT GOD allows you and I to go through them to understand a tiny glimpse of what JESUS went through.

 

I don’t know why we have to suffer. I mean, can’t GOD just snap HIS fingers and make everything easy? Yes, but HIS decrees allowed Satan to try to oppose HIM. The enemy wants to cause pain and suffering to steal people away from GOD. He uses temptation to make people want power, riches and fame. They will stop at nothing to gain it. They will even make people suffer.

 

GOD wants me to value HIS way and turn away from the world’s way. When I do, I will be labeled as weird. I may be mocked, lied upon and suffer undeserved hardships. GOD sees the pain and keeps track of how much I showed respect to those who are harsh. I am glad GOD sees the heart and has  a better plan for my suffering.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention suffering?
  • Have you ever come out of suffering and become stronger?
  • Will you rethink the suffering you are going through at work and know GOD sees your suffering and has great rewards for your endurance?

No comments:

Post a Comment