Monday, December 4, 2023

Called Out of Darkness

Called Out of Darkness

1 Peter 2: But you are the chosen race, the King's priests, the holy nation, God's own people, chosen to proclaim the wonderful acts of God, who called you out of darkness into his own marvelous light. 10 At one time you were not God's people, but now you are his people; at one time you did not know God's mercy, but now you have received his mercy.

 

============

 

Desiring to be “on my own”, I pursued “fun” the way others defined it. “Come on, it’s not so bad” was the statement before doing everything I tried. Soon I found myself in trouble because of the “fun” I was having. Everyone who was having “fun” did not provide any help.

 

  • I did not know how I ended up where I was.
  • I did not know that I was stepping into darkness a little step at a time.
  • I did not know that when trouble hit, those who were in the dark would not help me.

 

Peter provides a pep talk to those chosen by GOD. HE stated that being called out of darkness is equivalent to being enlightened in the knowledge of JESUS and HIS wonderful acts. He also said the chosen were supposed to proclaim these wonderful acts.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD chose us to come out of darkness so we can proclaim JESUS as the Savior.
  • GOD chose us to have abundant life while we proclaim JESUS as LORD of the living.
  • GOD chose us to follow HIS ways so others can be saved.

 

Darkness seems innocent. I mean, when I am asked why I did something people would consider “bad” or “wrong”. My childish response was usually “I don’t know.” This means I was doing things without knowing if there were any consequences to my actions. BUT GOD wanted me enlightened.

 

HE called me out of ways that seem innocent, yet carry consequences among humans and HIM. HE wanted me to see that I was on the wrong path and gently nudged me back to HIS path, namely following JESUS’s examples. I am glad JESUS called you and me out of darkness.

 

Challenge

  • What darkness is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever wanted to do what “everyone else” is doing, yet felt there was something wrong with it?
  • Have you lost your sense of consequence?
  • Will you seek to follow GOD’s ways by learning what they are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment