Friday, December 1, 2023

Living Stone

Living Stone

1 Peter 2:Come to the Lord, the living stone rejected by people as worthless but chosen by God as valuable. Come as living stones, and let yourselves be used in building the spiritual temple, where you will serve as holy priests to offer spiritual and acceptable sacrifices to God through Jesus Christ. For the scripture says,

“I chose a valuable stone,
    which I am placing as the cornerstone in Zion;
    and whoever believes in him will never be disappointed.”
This stone is of great value for you that believe; but for those who do not believe:
“The stone which the builders rejected as worthless
    turned out to be the most important of all.”
And another scripture says,
“This is the stone that will make people stumble,
    the rock that will make them fall.” 

They stumbled because they did not believe in the word; such was God's will for them.

 

============

 

Knowing there was something wrong with the decision, I felt kind of nervous. A friend of mine found a way to get some groceries without using his money. I thought it was not right, but volunteered to drive him to the store and threw in my list of items. On the way home, my car broke down. Coincidentally, the cost of the repair was almost half the amount we spent on groceries.

 

  • I rejected the warning thought and went with the bad decision.
  • I thought that I could participate in something partially and not be guilty.
  • I could have said “No” and walked away from the bad decision.

 

Peter invites everyone to give their lives to JESUS. He mentions that JESUS was overlooked as the one and only solution to all problems. The world has a better way than JESUS so therefore they reject HIM as valuable. BUT GOD has chosen HIM as the most valuable.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD is more pleased when I ask HIM, “What would YOU like me to do?”
  • When I make decisions that do not include GOD, I tend to stumble and fall.
  • JESUS is the cornerstone of my faith and I can build HIS kingdom without ever being disappointed.

 

Disappointment, blame and fear develop when I leave GOD out of my decisions. I mean, there is a way that seems right to me, but I end up falling down and hurting myself. GOD gives me a decision, I can be a stone for HIM or fall on the stone, which is JESUS.

 

Being a stone means, life’s challenges will not move me from believing in HIS power. It also means I totally rely on HIM to resolve my problems HIS way and in HIS time. HE then makes me a holy servant simply because of my belief in HIM. I am glad JESUS stands firm for me.

 

Challenge

  • What rejection does the writer mention?
  • Have you ever thought that some things that GOD wants are worthless?
  • Will you become a living stone for JESUS today and live by HIS example today?

No comments:

Post a Comment