Friday, December 15, 2023

Brought Back

Brought Back

1 Peter 2: 21 It was to this that God called you, for Christ himself suffered for you and left you an example, so that you would follow in his steps. 22 He committed no sin, and no one ever heard a lie come from his lips. 23 When he was insulted, he did not answer back with an insult; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but placed his hopes in God, the righteous Judge. 24 Christ himself carried our sins in his body to the cross, so that we might die to sin and live for righteousness. It is by his wounds that you have been healed. 25 You were like sheep that had lost their way, but now you have been brought back to follow the Shepherd and Keeper of your souls.

 

============

 

After fulfilling my desires, it got old to be out in bars and clubs with loud music and drunk, inhibited people. “You want to hang out” was the request posed to me. “Nah” was the strange response I provided. Something inside me was changing and I no longer craved the night life.

 

  • I was getting tired of trying to have “fun” but remaining empty.
  • I got tired of chasing a fantasy when reality was not even close.
  • I needed something more than a surface relationship.

 

Peter talked about the suffering JESUS went through to redeem sinners. JESUS committed no sin, and while trying to teach people how to truly love one another, was murdered by HIS own creation. Peter then compares us to lost sheep, helpless, defenseless and illogical.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD sees when I am trying to fill the hole in my heart with the world’s emptiness.
  • GOD wants me to accept HIS gift of love, which is JESUS, so I can have a filled heart.
  • JESUS is my “Shepherd” who guides me to places of peace, wisdom and love.

 

Only GOD can truly fix the hole in my heart. I mean, when I try to fit in the world, I remain lonely, jealous, lustful and sad. After momentary sin, I feel even worse. BUT GOD has a better way.

 

JESUS gives my life purpose. HE opens my eyes to the tricks of the world that leave me in worse shape than following GOD. JESUS guides me back to a place of true security, peace and love. I am glad GOD cares for me to bring me back to HIM with welcome arms.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use the analogy of “lost their way?”
  • Have you ever felt great about serving GOD and then felt you needed to leave HIM to pursue “fun?”
  • Will you consider returning to GOD so HE can guide you to a fulfilled life that is no longer empty today?

No comments:

Post a Comment