Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What kind of wisdom do I have?

James 3: 17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

============

Conflict seemed to be the center of discussion between our departments. There was no love lost between our group so when one of my employees complained about what “they” were doing I immediately sprang into action hoping I could flex a little muscle to get the issue resolved.

Little did I know “they” had already brought in the big guns and had swayed senior management toward their posture. The fight was over before it had started.

  • My warring wisdom reaps a crop of conflict.
  • My combative wisdom reaps a harvest of struggles.
  • My confrontational wisdom reaps a defensive stance from that person rather than promoting unity.

“I’m right” and “they” are wrong leaves me seeking a much smaller group who wants to follow “my” thinking. Unfortunately I usually end up with a group of people with the same flawed thinking and we don’t go anywhere. I stand around looking at “them” blaming “them” for all the problems “I” am facing. Is my thinking too low?

  • GOD says “ask ME for wisdom and I will give more than you can handle.”
  • GOD says “MY wisdom seeks peace rather than being right all the time.”
  • GOD says “MY wisdom seeks what the other person wants rather than blindly serving self.”
  • GOD says “MY wisdom is full of mercy, submissive and good fruit rather than judgment and depletion.”
  • GOD says “MY wisdom is impartial and sincere rather than thinking one group is better than another.”

GODLY wisdom says mankind is not changing rather it has always been in a fallen state and desperately needs a savior. Communities and neighborhoods do not “change” rather a new face that needs GOD appears and I must serve them the way GOD wants me to serve them, with GODLY wisdom.

  • Do you think your country or neighborhood is “changing?”
  • Do you see a big problem or a large opportunity to harvest more people?
  • Have you looked at yourself to see if your heart needs to change toward other people?
  • When have you actively sought to understand “that” person to win them over rather than trying to get them to conform to your ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment