Monday, August 19, 2013

Call on the LORD!

Numbers 10:Suppose you go into battle in your own land. And suppose it is against an enemy who is beating you down. Then blow a blast on the trumpets. If you do, I will remember you. I will save you from your enemies. I am the Lord your God. 

10 You must also blow the trumpets when you are happy. Blow them at your appointed feasts. Blow them at your New Moon Feasts. Blow them when you sacrifice your burnt offerings. Blow them when you sacrifice your friendship offerings. They will remind me of you. I am the Lord your God.”

============

Scowling faces and suspicious glances made us notice a group of guys strategically positioning themselves. My brother and I were headed to a baseball game and decided to get something to eat.  About two blocks into our five block trek we saw an ambush collecting.

My brother calmly said “RUN!” Of course he would seeing his skill was in track. I could barely keep up! “LORD please help us!” We made it to the game. I pretty much forgot about GOD from that point and enjoyed the game.

  • When problems arise I call on GOD to help me but when things are going well I may forget.
  • When I am in dire straits I call on GOD for assistance but in times of plenty I may forget.
  • When issues are all around me I call on GOD for comfort but during times of leisure I may forget.


GOD wants me to remember HIM in times of need and in times of plenty. He wants to see when I am crying and definitely wants to join in on times of celebration. I mean it does make sense. HE created me to be with me all the time. HE actually enjoys my company!

  • Do you have a relationship with GOD that only asks for things?
  • When is the last time you praised HIM for something?
  • Can you have a balance of requests and praise?
  • Won’t you include GOD in your celebration today?


No comments:

Post a Comment