Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Where can I find a quiet place?


Numbers 7: 89 Moses entered the Tent of Meeting. He wanted to speak with the Lord. There Moses heard the Lord talking to him. The Lord’s voice was speaking to him from between the two cherubim. The cherubim were over the place where sin is paid for. It was the cover on the ark where the tablets of the covenant were kept. The Lord spoke with Moses there.

============

Seven o’clock in the morning was my flight so I had to make sure I had the rental car returned in enough time which meant I had to check out of the hotel early enough to leave in time! On the way to the airport, I mulled the day over in my mind. I thought about the agenda, who I was speaking to and what emphasis I was going to make.

Crowd of people crammed into the shuttle, then on the plane. From that point on it seemed like I was around someone all day! At least 1275 questions were asked of me that day. I went to bed exhausted.

  • Some days I get too busy to stop and listen to GOD.
  • Some days I don’t have time to talk to the LORD.
  • Some days I have too much to do and my time with GOD just gets away from me.


When I prioritize GOD as the lowest on my list then everything else gets put in front of HIM.  I mean I have to work right? Yes, but GOD wants me to speak to HIM first and listen to what HE has to say. It’s not enough to throw an obligatory prayer at HIM to appease my “talk” quota with HIM.

  • GOD wants me to find a quiet place to speak to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to settle down so I can hear what HE has to say to me.
  • GOD wants me to actually seek HIM every day to figure out what HE wants me to do.


Moses couldn’t wait to hear from the LORD. I have finally reached a point in my life where I need to speak to HIM to reduce the confusion and anxieties the day has to offer.

  • Do you have a quiet place where you can actually speak to the LORD?
  • Can you hear what HE is saying to you or do you feel HE is speaking to everyone else but you?
  • Won’t you stop trying to steer GOD and let HIM work HIS plan out for you?
  • Can you take time today to praise HIM for the good and bad because it’s HIS plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment