Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Good Example

Good Example

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, then, just as I imitate Christ.

 ============

 Going through life on my own, I had to figure things out by myself. When someone in my life did the wrong thing, I would seek another source to learn how to do the “right thing. The problem with that approach is people kept doing the “wrong” thing and I ran out of options.

 

  • Many times I needed a good example and could not find one.
  • Many times I needed some guidance, but could not find a guide.
  • Many times I needed help, but was left helpless to figure it out on my own.

 Paul makes a huge statement when he says “Imitate me, then, just as I imitate CHRIST.” One could be fooled into thinking he thought more highly of himself and he was trying to build a following because he had it all together. This is quite the opposite. He was pointing to CHRIST.

 

  • GOD wants me to tell people “I have a messed up life” BUT JESUS made me whole.
  • GOD wants me to say to people “I am broken BUT JESUS made me whole.”
  • GOD wants me to speak to people about CHRIST versus pointing to my actions.

 Saying that I am good will never work. I mean, I’m not “good” because JESUS is the only one who is. My righteousness is like used toilet paper. BUT JESUS cleaned me up and made me an ambassador for HIM.

 

HE saw through my sin and died for me anyway. What makes this special is, HE did this without blame. HE simply loved me. HE gets excited when I tell people about HIM. I can say “Imitate me only when I imitate CHRIST.”

 

  • Do you need an example of CHRIST?
  • Are you looking for humans to be the perfect example?
  • Will you stop waiting for humans to fail and see the times when they imitate CHRIST as their example?

No comments:

Post a Comment