Thursday, August 5, 2021

Recognizing the Curse

Recognizing the Curse

1 Corinthians 11: I praise you because you always remember me and follow the teachings that I have handed on to you. But I want you to understand that Christ is supreme over every man, the husband is supreme over his wife, and God is supreme over Christ. So a man who prays or proclaims God's message in public worship with his head covered disgraces Christ. And any woman who prays or proclaims God's message in public worship with nothing on her head disgraces her husband; there is no difference between her and a woman whose head has been shaved. 

 

============

 

Very confusing verse. I mean, I don’t have a story to associate with this because it is very unusual. Paul speaks about head coverings relating to men and “married” women.  He gives the hierarchy of CHRIST being over the man (or husband) and the husband being over the woman (or wife) and GOD being over CHRIST (or JESUS).

 

My head explodes trying to make sense out of this. The only thing I can figure is that before Genesis 3, man and woman were equal and shared the responsibilities. But an external source, Satan, came in and tempted the woman by tricking her into doing something she was told not to do.

 

After this, GOD cursed the relationship by putting a hierarchy in place. Who wants that? No one. But unfortunately it is there. Now, because of a curse, ill equipped men will need to seek CHRIST and lead a wife who was supposed to be equal.

 

How unfair is that?

 

  • GOD wants me to know the curse can be fixed.
  • GOD wants me to know the curse has been lifted.
  • GOD wants me to recognize the curse and follow HIM as the only master.

 

Leading a wife just because I am a male is a curse. I mean, I have no qualities to follow. BUT JESUS does. HE wants me to point my wife to HIM versus thinking she is “my” servant. Fortunately, CHRIST brings us back into equilibrium. When she speaks, she can recognize the curse and speak about JESUS.

 

No challenge questions today, only a prayer that we all seek peace through CHRIST who is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment