Thursday, May 2, 2019

Entourage


John 1: 35 The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. 36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God!’

37 When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. 38 Turning round, Jesus saw them following and asked, ‘What do you want?’

They said, ‘Rabbi’ (which means ‘Teacher’), ‘where are you staying?’
39 ‘Come,’ he replied, ‘and you will see.’

So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.

============

“Your team did a great job” someone said to me. It felt great to hear that a plan “I” put together worked well. When one of my star employee’s requested to move on to bigger and better things, I was faced with the possibility of my team not performing as great as it always had. I said, “yes” because it was the right thing to do.

  • There were times when I wanted to keep things the way they were.
  • There were times when I wanted to hold onto certain people no matter what it cost them.
  • There were times when I wanted to keep a successful team together even when people wanted to do something different.


John showed true leadership by pointing people to “The Lamb of GOD.” He knew his disciples should not be stuck following him rather they should put their eyes on GOD.

  • GOD wants me to develop a following for HIM, not me.
  • GOD wants me to point people to HIM without thinking “I” need to be followed.
  • GOD wants me to bring many disciples to HIM to increase HIS kingdom.


It’s all about the Lamb of GOD. Every action should not be done in the name of a brand of church, rather in the name of JESUS. HE wants me to build up HIS entourage so people will truly proclaim HIM as their savior. If people followed me and thanked me for my pitiful righteousness, they would be disappointed. JESUS is the one I want people to follow.

  • Are you focused only on your brand of church?
  • Do you think your brand of church has all the answers?
  • Will you focus your life on building up people to surpass you in following GOD rather than holding them down to look at you?


No comments:

Post a Comment