Monday, May 13, 2019

Windows to the Temple


John 2: 18 The Jews then responded to him, ‘What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?’

19 Jesus answered them, ‘Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.’

20 They replied, ‘It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?’ 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

============

“Let’s go to a horror movie” one friend suggested. “Absolutely!” I replied. It was going to be fun. The one before that one was scary and had girls in it. It was alright to go see these movies, right? I mean these movies were only about fictitious characters killing lots of people and just a little bit of sex. What harm could this do to me?

  • There were times when I would listen to things that may not have been good for me.
  • There were times when I would look at things that may not have been good for me.
  • There were times when I was entertained by violence and sensuality and it added nothing to my character.


JESUS responded to the church leader’s negative question about HIS authority to chase people out of their church for selling their stuff. HE then replied that HE would “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” JESUS knew something about HIS body that HE called it a temple.

  • GOD made my body a temple where HE would live.
  • GOD created my body so HE would put HIS laws in my heart.
  • GOD constructed.my body to house HIS HOLY SPIRIT.


My brain to replays whatever is shown through the windows of my mind. Whatever I listen to, look at touch or smell is recorded in my mind, ready to be replayed at any moment.

JESUS knew that manmade temples were not really HIS house, but what they represent should be holy. HE also knew that my body should also show others HIM as much as I can. GOD wants me to put HIS love in my heart on a daily basis. I am glad HE gives me HIS creation to look at.

  • What are you putting in your temple?
  • If people could see in your mind, would you be ashamed of what they would see?
  • Will you open the windows of your mind to others so GOD can use your life to bring other people to HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment