Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Optimistic Faith



John 1: 46 ‘Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?’ Nathanael asked.
‘Come and see,’ said Philip.

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, ‘Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.’

48 ‘How do you know me?’ Nathanael asked.

Jesus answered, ‘I saw you while you were still under the fig-tree before Philip called you.’

49 Then Nathanael declared, ‘Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.’

50 Jesus said, ‘You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig-tree. You will see greater things than that.’ 51 He then added, ‘Very truly I tell you, you will see “heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on” the Son of Man.’

============

“The job is yours” said one of the higher–ups to me. First of all, I did not apply to the position and secondly, it seemed too good to be true. I was skeptical so I asked other people what was going on. “You were chosen for the position” they said. I cautiously went along with what they were saying until they made the announcement.

  • Many times I have been skeptical.
  • Many times I wanted to see proof in order to believe.
  • Many times I doubted some great news until I saw it for myself.


Nathaniel had a reputation for being honest. When he heard about JESUS, who was born in Nazareth, he questioned the validity of this person being the Messiah. It would seem that the savior of the world would come from a great city with wealth and power. JESUS told him otherwise.

  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS ways with optimistic faith.
  • GOD wants me to know HE can do anything because HE is the true power.
  • GOD wants me to understand that when HE gives me a promise, HE will never back down from it.


One day GOD will reveal to everyone the plan HE has for humans. This day to day life will be changed to an eternal way of living, with GOD or without HIM. Until that happens, GOD wants me to have optimistic faith that overflows onto others. HE wants me to mention JESUS as much as I can until HE returns. I am grateful GOD is faithful to me.

  • Do you believe in what GOD is doing for you?
  • Do you believe HE has an incredible plan for you?
  • Will you put away any skepticism and allow GOD to execute HIS plan for you without doubt today?

No comments:

Post a Comment