Monday, May 6, 2019

Lost and Found



John 1: 43 The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, ‘Follow me.’

44 Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. 45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, ‘We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote – Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.’

============

“Have you seen my mitten?” I inquired to the teacher. “Have you tried the lost and found?” she replied. “What’s that?” I asked. “Go to the office and ask for what you lost” she directed. They showed me the lost and found room. It was a treasure of hats, gloves, shoes, combs and my mitten. “There it is!” I said with excitement.

  • It is exciting to find something that I lost.
  • It is a relief to find something I lost.
  • I can’t rest unless I find something that is lost.


JESUS found Philip and told him to become HIS follower. Philip’s immediate response was “Yes!” Now that Philip was found by JESUS, Philip went to find his brother, probably looking in his usual places. When he found Nathaniel he said “We have found the ONE Moses and the prophets wrote about!”

  • JESUS was looking for me when I found HIM.
  • JESUS was waiting for my return from being lost.
  • JESUS was searching for me, even when I wasn’t looking for HIM.


“You will fill your life with something” someone told me. I tried friends, sin and fun, but none of those quite filled the hole that was in my heart. When I found JESUS, who had been looking for me, my heart was finally filled. I was finally content. I am grateful GOD wants me as much as I need HIM.

  • Are you searching for something?
  • Are you looking for something to fill the void in your heart, but nothing is working?
  • Will you stop drowning out the voice of GOD that is calling you to serve HIM with all your heart today?


No comments:

Post a Comment