Thursday, May 30, 2019

Acknowledgement


John 3: Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, ‘Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.’

============

“May I meet with you?” was my question. This person was polished in their speech, but not so polished that they could not be trusted. They were genuine and seemed to get along with everyone they met. Somehow this person could remember every person’s name and facts about each person. I wanted some of that.

  • There have been people I’ve met who I admire.
  • There have been people put in my path who seem to have it all together.
  • There have been people I had to admit were stronger than me, faster than me and better at things than me.


Nicodemus sought JESUS out in the cover of night. This leader of the church leaders had to admit that JESUS was something special. “No one could do what YOU are doing if they were not from GOD” he admitted.

  • JESUS wants me to seek HIM as someone special to pursue.
  • JESUS wants me to acknowledge HIM daily because HE has all power.
  • JESUS wants me to praise HIM everyday knowing HE is worthy of praise.


Acknowledging JESUS is extremely important. In fact, my acknowledgement that JESUS is GOD and that I deserve to be eternally separated from HIM, but HE chose to save me, gives me eternal life. I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe that JESUS is my savior and I confess all my sins to HIM so they will be forgiven.

  • Who do you admire?
  • Can you place more admiration in JESUS today?
  • Will you acknowledge GOD’s power over your circumstance right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment