Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Arrival


John 1: 29 The next day John saw Jesus coming towards him and said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, “A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.” 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptising with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.’

32 Then John gave this testimony: ‘I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptise with water told me, “The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptise with the Holy Spirit.” 34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.’

============

After spending hours in an airport, my hopes of getting home that night were waning. It seemed like everything was going wrong that day and rain did not make it any better. Suddenly I heard these words “The flight has arrived.” Everyone, including myself, was filled with joy.

  • Something as little as a flight arriving filled me with joy.
  • Something as trivial as getting home hours earlier made me delighted.
  • Something as small as a plane pulling up to a gate at an airport made my day much better.


John told everyone that the problem of sin was cured by JESUS. “The Messiah had arrived” John told everyone. John came to baptize, BUT JESUS cam to same with the power of the HOLY SPIRIT.

  • JESUS wants me to tell HIS story.
  • JESUS wants me to let people know that salvation has arrived and they can now be filled with joy.
  • JESUS wants me to express to others that HE is GOD’s Chosen ONE, who already has the victory over all my sin.


What a relief it is to have a few things go “my” way. It should be even more of a relief when eternity is paved for me. GOD enables me to live with HIM and wants me to tell others about this great news!

  • What little thing has brought you great joy?
  • Have you forgotten where joy comes from?
  • Will you reflect on what GOD has done and is doing in your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment