Thursday, May 9, 2019

Participation Award


John 2: Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from eighty to a hundred and twenty litres.

Jesus said to the servants, ‘Fill the jars with water’; so they filled them to the brim.

Then he told them, ‘Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.’

They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realise where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, ‘Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.’

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

12 After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.

============

Twirling around to make myself dizzy felt great. As I experienced this wonderful feeling, I heard my father ask me for a tool. “Hand me the screw driver” he said. I stopped my twirling, handed him the screwdriver and went back to the fun. When he finished what he was doing, my mother beckoned us to come to dinner. “What were you doing?’ she asked. “We built stuff” I answered.

  • Many times I have been part of a team even though my role may have been small.
  • Many times I have gotten credit for something the team did.
  • Many times I have been blessed with rewards of being on a team.


The servants were told, by JESUS, to fill the huge empty jars with water. HE also instructed them to serve the master of the banquet a sample. Knowing it was just water they had poured into the jars, they complied anyway. The master of the banquet was delighted when he tasted choice wine. This was JESUS’ first miracle and the servants participated in making it happen.

  • GOD wants me to go along with HIS plan even though it may seem strange.
  • GOD wants me to participate in HIS plan even though it may not make sense to me.
  • GOD wants me to receive rewards for things HE did because HE loves me.


JESUS performed HIS first miracle through servants of a wedding. HE never touched the water nor their containers, yet the best wine was produced. GOD seems to do all the work and allows those who serve HIM to participate in HIS wonderful power. HE deserves far more credit than I give HIM daily. HE forgives me, seeks me and loves me daily. I am forever grateful for GOD.

  • Do you feel exhausted trying to please GOD?
  • Can you step back and watch HIM do HIS mighty work?
  • Will you allow GOD to include you in HIS unstoppable plans today?


No comments:

Post a Comment