Friday, May 31, 2019

Boundless Freedom



John 3:Jesus replied, ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.

‘How can someone be born when they are old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!’

Jesus answered, ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, “You must be born again.” The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.’

============

Looking at the clock, I counted down the minutes. This was the last day of school and to top it off, I was graduating. So many thoughts raced into my mind as I contemplated what I would do with my “free” time. I was finally released from the oppression! Okay, well at least from school.

  • Many times I dreamt of freedom.
  • Many times I wished to be on my own.
  • Many times I could not wait to be on my own schedule, doing my own thing.


Nicodemus was confused by the words of JESUS when HE said “You must be born again.” JESUS talked about being born of the SPIRIT, then HE likened this birth to the boundaries of the wind. No start and no end, the wind blows wherever it pleases.

  • GOD wants me to be set free from human boundaries.
  • GOD wants me to be able to see beyond obstacles.
  • GOD wants me to be led by HIS SPIRIT instead of being driven by fear.


Being born again means I am a new creation. I am free from the boundaries I put on myself and from the chains other people try to throw on me. GOD becomes my leader and HE sends me wherever HE wants me to go, whenever HE chooses. Now the only constraint I have is GOD’s infinite power. I am glad to be free.

  • What chains of control are you putting on people?
  • Are you trying to measure your circumstance by what you can see?
  • Will you allow GOD to lead you by HIS SPIRIT today so you can be connected to HIS endless power?


No comments:

Post a Comment