Monday, June 3, 2019

Earthly and Heavenly Lessons


John 3:‘How can this be?’ Nicodemus asked.

10 ‘You are Israel’s teacher,’ said Jesus, ‘and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven – the Son of Man. 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.’

============

“This doesn’t make sense” I reasoned. As I read the bible verses I wondered really how some of it happened. I mean I haven’t seen any oceans parting lately.

  • There were times when I was skeptical of parts of the Bible.
  • There were times when I rationalized GOD into a small myth.
  • There were times when I thought the Bible was a grouping of old tales and belief should come from what could be seen.


JESUS says to Nicodemus “You are supposed to be a scholar and you don’t understand simple things.” Nicodemus questioned being “born again” and JESUS pointed out that this was a “heavenly” lesson.

  • GOD wants me to believe what is not seen.
  • GOD wants me to have faith in HIS mighty power.
  • GOD wants me to receive HIS goodness on a daily basis even when it doesn’t “look” the way I think is should.


Earthly lessons are derived from the five senses of humans and proven by observation which are centered humans being the top of everything. BUT GOD says something different. HE says “I AM” giving no other explanation to who HE is. HIS infinite power cannot be proven, nor HIS infinite knowledge nor HIS infinite presence.

GOD is and that is my proof. HE chased me down and opened my eyes to spiritual matters that require belief and that is it. I made a choice to believe in JESUS and I am grateful HE chose me before I ever knew HIM. HIS heavenly lesson is wonderful.

  • What parts of the Bible have you thrown away with skepticism?
  • Do you know so much that GOD can no longer perform HIS mighty miracles?
  • Will you stop looking at life through unfaithful earthly eyes and allow GOD to show you just how powerful HE is today?


No comments:

Post a Comment