Monday, June 10, 2019

Mislabeled Leadership


John 4: Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.

============

“Why did you charge me so much for my system?” one person complained to me as I stood on stage. Since I was the leader of the organization that supported the system, it seemed only fitting to personalize the complaint towards me. I wanted to say “The last time I looked, I didn’t get any money for the system you bought” but that wouldn’t go so well with the people above me,

  • Many times I have been labeled for things I did not do.
  • Many times I had to accept the label because I was the leader.
  • Many times I had to assume blame and simply try to make things right.


The church leaders were jealous of JESUS’s popularity. They went so far as to say “JESUS was baptizing people” as if to accuse HIM of not having the authority to do so. JESUS was not baptizing people, rather it was HIS disciples. But if HE did, HE definitely had the authority to do so.

  • GOD wants me to accept responsibility for my actions without blaming HIM for my sin.
  • GOD wants me to drop any jealousy I may have for someone who is serving the kingdom.
  • GOD wants me to rely on HIS word which tells me exactly what HE is doing.


Knowing GOD removes blaming GOD. I mean when I get to know HIM, I understand that HIS motives are only to love me. Belief in this love not only gives me everlasting life, but care and protection in this life. HIS love for me is unsurpassed and that is the correct label I should give Him. GOD, the ultimate love, is my label.

  • What are you blaming GOD for now?
  • Does blaming GOD enable you to shirk your responsibilities?
  • Will you study GOD to understand HIS vast love for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment