Thursday, June 6, 2019

Joy



John 3: 27 To this John replied, ‘A person can receive only what is given them from heaven. 28 You yourselves can testify that I said, “I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.” 29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30 He must become greater; I must become less.’

============

Grousing all about, I could tell I was not very approachable. I was having a bad day and people could tell from my face that I did not want to be bothered. I felt comfortable being miserable that day. I can’t even remember the circumstances that put me in the bad mood, but I’m sure I was justified, right?

  • Sometimes I just want to be in a bad mood.
  • Sometimes I just want to be mad.
  • Sometimes I just want to feel low because I “deserve” some things I am not getting.


John explains to his disciples, it is alright that JESUS is making HIMSELF known as the Messiah. He then tells them a quick parable of the joy a friend receives while attending the wedding of the bridegroom. John felt that joy.

  • GOD wants me to have joy in my life.
  • GOD wants me to ignore the things that can take my eyes off of HIM.
  • GOD wants me to see HIS power in the middle of my storm.


Joy is something that cannot be explained. It supersedes happiness, problems and any negative thoughts or words. True joy only comes from heaven. GOD opens my eyes daily and shows me HE is still with me no matter what is going on. I must make JESUS great and myself small, which in turn, makes my problems small. I am grateful for the joy HE has given me.

  • What mask are you wearing?
  • Are you hurt and letting people know about your pain?
  • Do you know GOD feels your pain and wants you to give it to HIM?
  • Will you release what is going on in your life and fill the void with the joy of GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment