Thursday, June 13, 2019

Easier Living


John 4: 10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

============

Tired of pulling weeds, I decided to put down some rock. It took some hard work, digging up everything and laying down a liner to place the decorative stones. After the project was complete, I said to myself “I will never have to pull weeds from this area again.”

  • Sometimes I want things to be easier.
  • Sometimes I will work very hard to make something work automatically.
  • Sometimes I just want peace and tranquility without having to work for it.


JESUS spoke to the Samaritan woman about “living water.” HE promised she would never thirst again. She took HIM literally and questioned HIS power. “Are you greater than Jacob?” she asked GOD unknowingly. JESUS answered “the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

  • GOD wants me to have eternal life.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIM to the point of overflowing.
  • GOD wants me to never thirst again spiritually.


When GOD gave me the HOLY SPIRIT, HE gave it to me abundantly. I never have to chase down the philosophies of humans, trying to understand how to live because I am already full. Nothing else can fit. GOD said it, I believe it, that’s it.

  • What education or philosophy has you doubting GOD’s power?
  • Do you believe in GOD “to a point?”
  • Will you drink from GOD and receive HIS eternal life, dropping your constraints about HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment