Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Generous Benefits


John 4: 31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”

32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?”

34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

============

“Turn them on” were the words I seldomly heard, but they came out of the owners mouth this time. As I saw the lights come on and heard the machines whir, I was filled with excitement. My bowling alley job finally had benefits. I joined in and bowled as much as I wanted to that day, for free!

  • I have received some great benefits on various jobs.
  • I have been given some wonderful benefits, but I had to work for them.
  • I have enjoyed some delightful benefits and sometimes I became more demanding because I thought I “deserved” more.


The disciples tried to get JESUS to eat. Little did they know they were in for a lesson. JESUS introduces them to a different kind of food. This food was to be eaten eternally. HE was speaking of HIS favorite currency, namely people.

  • JESUS wants me to go out and bring people back to HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to reap HIS harvest where I did not plant the seeds of HIS wisdom.
  • JESUS wants me to open my eyes and see someone who may be seeking something and point that something to HIM.


Seeing a plentiful harvest for GOD takes open spiritual eyes. Instead of complaining about “those” people, GOD may want me to pray for them. HE gives me opportunities to reap a harvest every day.

Each person I pass can be prayed for. Some may even stop and listen to the words GOD puts in my mouth at the right time. I am grateful GOD guides me to go get HIS harvest.

  • Are you working hard for your “benefits?”
  • Are you concerned you do not have any benefits?
  • Will you ask GOD to open your spiritual eyes and allow HIM to give you the right words to bring many people to HIS harvest today?


No comments:

Post a Comment