Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Good News and Bad News


John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

============

“I got some good news and some bad news for you. Which would you like to hear first?” said the mechanic. These words were never really comforting because I did not want to hear any “bad news.” I said, don’t tell me the bad news. Months later my car broke down for good.

  • When I hear bad news, I sometimes forget the good news.
  • When I hear bad news, I sometimes lose hope.
  • When I hear bad news, my mood changes to the point where I cannot give any good news.


JESUS explains one of the most famous verses of the Bible. HE talks about the Great News of HIS arrival as a human sent to die for the rescue all of humanity.  It truly is great news! But there is some bad news. Whoever does not believe in JESUS will be condemned forever.

  • GOD wants me to believe that JESUS became a human, was murdered for me and was raised from the dead, showing all power.
  • GOD wants me to not be afraid of HIM exposing my sin because HE has forgiven me.
  • GOD wants me to live by the truth and come into the light so all my deeds can be put in front of HIM.


Choosing GOD is easy and extremely hard. I mean HE made it so easy to accept HIM and also easy to not accept HIM. I can choose to not believe in HIM or consequences or condemnation. BUT GOD has promised great things for accepting HIM and horrible things for rejecting HIM. This is the total gospel that I believe.

  • Have you accepted the need for a savior?
  • Will you reject GOD and believe in yourself or other human teaching?
  • Will you surrender your life to CHRIST today and allow HIM to speak good news through you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment