Wednesday, June 5, 2019

It’s Getting Done


John 3: 22 After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptised. 23 Now John also was baptising at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were coming and being baptised. 24 (This was before John was put in prison.) 25 An argument developed between some of John’s disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26 They came to John and said to him, ‘Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan – the one you testified about – look, he is baptising, and everyone is going to him.’

============

Working long hours, I felt exhausted but satisfied. I mean I had everything under control, or so I thought. “Why don’t you let that person do this part of the project now?” my boss said directedly. When the person did their work, I felt a sense of jealousy. They were getting accolades I was used to getting.

  • I felt jealous.
  • I felt I was losing accolades.
  • I felt I was slipping in value.


JESUS and HIS disciples were baptizing people and John “The Baptist’s” disciples questioned why these guys were doing this. They noticed their crowd was getting smaller and smaller and sensed something was wrong, or so they thought.

  • GOD wants me to be part of a team who bring people to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to see how HE is working through others.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM daily for what HE is doing, especially when someone else is doing it.


As long as it is getting done, who am I to argue. If someone else is serving GOD by serving others, I do not need a pat on the back or an accolade for what I am doing. GOD sees what I am doing as part of HIS plan for all of humanity. HE knows the pie is big. In other words, HE knows the harvest is plenty and the laborers are few. I am glad I am part of GOD’s big picture.

  • Are you jealous of someone’s abilities?
  • Do you talk bad about someone so you can get praise?
  • Will you stop trying to point at yourself and allow GOD to work through others and through you?

No comments:

Post a Comment