Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Compelled



John 4: Now he had to go through Samaria. So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph.Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

============

“Get up and volunteer” was the sensation I felt as the preacher asked if anyone would join him on a missions trip to a country on another continent. I had barely seen this continent let alone travel somewhere else. I had to go. Something was pressing me to focus on this trip.

  • Something inside of me prompted a desire.
  • Something inside of me overcame my fears and gave me peace.
  • Something inside of me bubbled up joy, excitement and peace all at the same time.


JESUS “had to go” to Samaria, even though it was way out of HIS way. It was a place HE had to see. He returned to a place where HE wrestled Jacob and blessed him in the process. JESUS showed HIS humanity, however, by being tired from the walk.

  • GOD sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to guide me daily.
  • GOD sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to prompt me to do HIS will.
  • GOD sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to have me participate in HIS glorious plan.


I can hear from the HOLY SPIRIT every day if I would just listen. HE guides me to speak about JESUS to the right person at the right time. HE does not prompt me to harm others, rather draw them to the kingdom with love in mind.

  • What leads you to do something?
  • Are you listening to your own desires or is GOD leading you?
  • Will you allow the HOLY SPIRIT to lead you to someone in need today?


No comments:

Post a Comment