Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Excited Curiosity



John 4: 27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, “What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”

28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

============

“Want some concert tickets?” the clerk asked. “Of course!”, I answered. After getting the tickets, I told several people about the music store. I went back more and more. “What else do you have?” I thought to myself.

  • Sometimes I am curious about what I can get.
  • Sometimes I get excited about something that has been done for me.
  • Sometimes I tell other people what I am excited about.

The disciples found JESUS speaking to a woman. “What was she up to?” they thought suspiciously. They also thought, “Are you crazy?”, pointed their thoughts to JESUS. But something amazing happened.

  • JESUS wants me to be excited about HIM every day.
  • JESUS wants me to tell people about HIM as often as I can.
  • JESUS wants me to be bold about HIS goodness to whomever HE sends me.

“Could this be the Messiah?” the woman said to people. She was excited and so should I. When my excitement is met with doubtful questions, I am to remain excited and focus my efforts on HIM. The woman’s excitement and curiosity filled me up. I am glad JESUS went out of HIS way to meet with me the same way HE did for her.

  • Are you excited about JESUS?
  • Do you feel compelled to tell others about HIM?
  • Will you live your life with purpose today and allow GOD to speak through you?

No comments:

Post a Comment