Thursday, June 27, 2019

Powerful Words


John 5:  When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, “Do you want to be made well?”

The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me.”

Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.

============

When I first learned how to use curse words correctly, it felt liberating. I mean I could now curse someone out and have them fully understand my disdain for the situation while belittling them in the process. It became an art, as a froth of foul language rolled from my tongue.

  • Sometimes I want to tell “that” person off.
  • Sometimes I want to make sure “that” person is taken down a few notches.
  • Sometimes I want to complain about “that” person, slander “that” person and let everyone know “that” person is wrong, wrong, wrong!


“Do you want to be made well?” JESUS asked the man. He did not answer but gave the reason why he was still sick. “No one will help me.” JESUS said “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” HE spoke health into existence.

  • JESUS gives me the ability to speak things into existence.
  • JESUS gives me the ability to increase HIS kingdom with mere words.
  • JESUS gives me the ability to protect, heal and comfort others simply by speaking.


By the measure of faith given to me I can speak things into existence. It takes practice, but it is true. JESUS said “If you have the faith of a mustard seed you can tell the mountain to move and it will.” HE literally means words are extremely powerful, why waste them saying negative things.

GOD enables me to encourage, love, comfort and enjoy HIS creation. If I spend most of my time speaking negative words about what is wrong and who did something bad, I miss out on the power of GOD. Speaking life means I trust GOD to heal and move the mountain for me. I trust GOD to be my source of power.

  • What words do you use often?
  • Are your words more negative than positive?
  • Would GOD be glorified with the words you are using?
  • Will you concentrate on speaking what GOD tells you to say to “that” person today?


No comments:

Post a Comment