Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Unseen Belief


John 4: 46 Once more he visited Cana in Galilee, where he had turned the water into wine. And there was a certain royal official whose son lay sick at Capernaum. 47 When this man heard that Jesus had arrived in Galilee from Judea, he went to him and begged him to come and heal his son, who was close to death.

48 “Unless you people see signs and wonders,” Jesus told him, “you will never believe.”

49 The royal official said, “Sir, come down before my child dies.”

50 “Go,” Jesus replied, “your son will live.”

The man took Jesus at his word and departed. 51 While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living.52 When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, “Yesterday, at one in the afternoon, the fever left him.”
53 Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, “Your son will live.” So he and his whole household believed.

54 This was the second sign Jesus performed after coming from Judea to Galilee.

============

“Trust me” were the words I had been burned by before. I mean those words seemed synonymous to “don’t believe anything I am going to say.” I wrote the check with the feeling of remorse and skepticism. Months later the investment flopped, just as I thought.

  • Sometimes I am skeptical.
  • Sometimes I have doubt.
  • Sometimes I don’t trust so I develop my own plan to rest my mind.


A royal official could not heal his dying son by using influence or money. He went to JESUS to beg HIM to heal his son. JESUS said something that seems harsh. “Unless you see you will not believe.” “Go, your son will live,” JESUS said to the official. This was a moment of trust.

  • JESUS wants me to believe in HIS power with faith.
  • JESUS wants me to stop building contingency plans in case HIS plan for me fails.
  • JESUS wants me to trust HIS word and obey what HE tells me to do.


Trusting in GOD means letting go of the fear, doubt and worry that so easily creeps into my soul. HE wants me to stop trying so hard and allow HIM to do HIS marvelous work. Instead of controlling GOD, HE wants me to trust HIM to do amazing things. GOD wants my faith to be in the unseen things HE does. I believe and trust GOD.

  • Are you waiting on GOD to “show” you something?
  • Do you feel you need HIM to do something before you can trust HIM?
  • Will you put your trust in GOD today, before HE shows you HIS marvelous plan for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment