Thursday, June 20, 2019

Words Pave Roads


John 4: 39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.

42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

============

“You can do it!” screamed my teammates as I attempted to pass an opponent in a track meet. My body didn’t feel like it at first. I was saying to myself “I’m tired” but their words encouraged me to keep running. I passed the person and came in 8th place!

  • When I listen to negative words I feel like giving up.
  • When I listen to negative words I feel like I cannot do anything or be anything or see anything.
  • When I listen to negative words I put on a negative face and tell others negative words.


Excitement filled the streets of Samaria as the woman told everyone about JESUS. “HE told me everything I ever did” she said, not leaving any sin out. She used her sin as an encouragement, no longer feeling shame. The town responded, “We know this man is the Savior of the world.”

  • GOD wants me to speak words of HIS encouragement.
  • GOD wants me to speak words of HIS power.
  • GOD wants me to speak words of HIS love.


Telling people “You can do it” does have temporary results, until they face a GOD sized problem that seems so overwhelming that no solution can be had. BUT GOD tells me to say something different. HE tell me to say “You can do anything when you are connected to GOD’s power who is the one who gives strength.”

Words are too powerful to waste. I can speak negatively all day or I can tell people of how much GOD loves them, protects them and desires the best for them. I am glad I heard the right words to put me on GOD’s path.

  • Are you saying negative words more than encouraging words?
  • Do you see what is wrong more than you see what is right?
  • Will you listen to the HOLY SPIRIT today and allow HIM to transform your words into those of GOD’s kingdom?
  • Will you hear that you are special to GOD and HE loves you?


No comments:

Post a Comment