Friday, June 28, 2019

It’s Not My Fault


John 5: Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.

And that day was the Sabbath. 10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, “It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.”

11 He answered them, “He who made me well said to me, ‘Take up your bed and walk.’ ”

12 Then they asked him, “Who is the Man who said to you, ‘Take up your bed and walk’?” 13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place. 14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”

15 The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

============

Sneaking off to the movies with someone I was amorous with seemed like a good idea. After my day of enjoyment I found myself having to make my way home. Unfortunately, the person lived in a tough neighborhood. I was chased. “How am I going to explain getting beat up and robbed when I wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place?” Then I questioned the strictness of dating when I made it to safety.

  • There were times when I wanted to leave out information so I would not get in trouble.
  • There were times when I made sure that I was not the person at fault rather it was someone else’s fault.
  • There were times when I was caught in the act and quickly thought of ways of trying to not make it my fault.


The crippled man was healed by JESUS but it does not say that he thanked HIM or found out HIS name. He was so excited that he ran off. Unfortunately he ran into the church leaders who judged him for carrying his bed. “It’s not my fault… I was healed” said the man in a self-protecting way. I would have done the same.

  • GOD wants me to take responsibility for my sin.
  • GOD wants me to understand that I need HIM so I should approach HIM with my ugly hidden sin.
  • GOD wants me to stop blaming everyone else and accept the fact that I can mess up and I need HIS help every day.


Being responsible for my actions may include accepting consequence for decisions that may have hurt me or others. GOD shows me grace beyond belief and this is the great news I can share. Back to the man in this slice of history.

JESUS found him in the temple and said “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.” I supposed JESUS had a reason for saying this to the man. Probably the man did something sinful to get into the crippled situation in the first place. I can’t tell. But I do know GOD wants me to sin less and less to stay out of HIS trouble.

  • Are you blaming others for where you are in life?
  • Do you blame GOD for what is happening to you right now?
  • Will you start accepting responsibility for your sin and allow GOD to use you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment