Friday, June 7, 2019

Responsible One


John 3: 31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

============

“Stay in your lane” is a term I’ve heard jokingly on commercials and movies. It means, be responsible for what you are responsible for and stay out of someone else’s responsibility. But sometimes I want to drive my car and drive for the “crazy” driver next to me. If I could just figure out how to hop from car to car, then we would both be safe.

  • Sometimes I want to be responsible for everything in order to keep things going the way “I” want them to go.
  • Sometimes I feel I should be making all the decisions, even in areas I don’t understand.
  • Sometimes I feel I should be in control even if the one who is in control is doing a good job.


John explains responsibilities of the FATHER, the SON, the HOLY SPIRIT and humans in this passage. Only the “one” who is from above or heaven can talk about above or heaven. Humans cannot.

  • GOD says to me “Accept the testimony of JESUS and you will be saved.”
  • GOD says to me “Believe in JESUS and receive eternal life.”
  • GOD says to me “If you reject JESUS, you will receive MY wrath.”


JESUS, who is GOD, is the only “one” who can talk about GOD, because HE is GOD. HE sends the HOLY SPIRIT without limit to those who believe in HIM. The FATHER has given everything to JESUS, who decides and knows who loves HIM.

The true gospel is “Whoever believes in the SON has eternal life, but whoever rejects the SON will not see life, for GOD’s wrath remains on them”. I am grateful for JESUS and I believe in  HIS salvation.

  • Are you trying to do what GOD should be doing?
  • Do you feel you are in control of your life?
  • Will you allow JESUS to be your savior and let HIM guide your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment