Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Mother’s Day



John 2: On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, ‘They have no more wine.’

‘Woman, why do you involve me?’ Jesus replied. ‘My hour has not yet come.’

His mother said to the servants, ‘Do whatever he tells you.’

============

“Wash the walls” was the statement said to me by my mother. “Aw man!” I said to myself. I really did not feel like washing a wall. I mean I wasn’t the only one who put their grimy hands on the wall to take off shoes. And besides, wouldn’t it just get dirty again anyway?

JESUS’ mother saw a need at a wedding she had been invited to. She was still raising JESUS, knowing what happened during the miraculous birth. While others may have doubted the virgin birth, she knew what GOD did. She also knew she was raising someone special, who had talents that needed to be shared. She asked JESUS to use HIS power to help.

  • True mothers recognize talents of GOD.
  • True mothers pour GOD into their children.
  • True mothers believe in the power of GOD in any situation.


JESUS’ mother believed in HIS talent, but did not know how things would play out. She did not know if HE would ask HIS disciples to walk somewhere and get some wine or do something even more special. Her request was based on faith in what GOD had already done. True mothers praise GOD. I am grateful to have a true mother.

  • Are you a true mother to someone?
  • If you are not a mother, will you believe in the talent GOD gave “that” person so you can encourage them to do something special?
  • Will you praise GOD for true mothers today?


No comments:

Post a Comment