Thursday, November 16, 2023

Fully Receiving Hope

 

Fully Receiving Hope

1 Peter 1: From Peter, apostle of Jesus Christ—

To God's chosen people who live as refugees scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia. You were chosen according to the purpose of God the Father and were made a holy people by his Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be purified by his blood.

 

May grace and peace be yours in full measure.

 

============

 

Shopping for groceries in the new town was something I had to get used to. I had to find where this store kept everything. I navigated the aisles and finished up with a lot of groceries, since I was just moving into my apartment. “Would you like help to your car?” was a question I had never heard before. “Sure!” I replied. The bagger loaded my trunk and thanked me for shopping there.

 

  • I felt that I received great service.
  • I could not believe how friendly people could be.
  • I was thankful I received help when I needed it.

 

Peter writes to GOD’s chosen people and wishes them grace and peace in full measure. He did not wish for a little grace and peace, but full and perfect grace and peace. This meant GOD would intervene during the troubles each of them were facing.

 

My Observations:

  • Peace can only come from GOD.
  • Grace can only come from GOD.
  • Grace and peace can happen even when times are difficult.

 

Grace and peace can be elusive. I mean, circumstances continue to pop up that can rob me of my peace. Then I may fall, causing me to feel distant from GOD. BUT GOD sees what I am going through and provides grace and peace.

 

HE not only provides grace but says “MY grace is sufficient.” HIS grace is full, everlasting and perfect. There is no flaw in HIS grace. HE then gives me peace in the middle of the storm. This is perfect peace because it cannot be stolen. I am assured by GOD and I am glad for it.

 

Challenge

  • What grace and peace do you think the writer was trying to convey?
  • Have you ever received a little grace and peace?
  • How did it feel?
  • Can you ask GOD for HIS grace and peace today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD please provide this reader with YOUR grace and peace in full measure today? amen

No comments:

Post a Comment