Friday, November 17, 2023

Living Hope

Living Hope

1 Peter 1: Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! Because of his great mercy he gave us new life by raising Jesus Christ from death. This fills us with a living hope, and so we look forward to possessing the rich blessings that God keeps for his people. He keeps them for you in heaven, where they cannot decay or spoil or fade away. They are for you, who through faith are kept safe by God's power for the salvation which is ready to be revealed at the end of time.

 

============

 

Feeling anxious about my pending job evaluation, I prepared my statement of the year’s accomplishments. When I sat in front of my boss, I could see that the evaluation was already written, signed and provided to me. It did not match what I thought.

 

  • I put a lot of hard work into the job, only to get an average evaluation.
  • I thought I did the right things to get recognized, but was told that other people performed better.
  • I lost hope in the job, because I could not have worked any harder than 60 to 80 hours per week.

 

Peter discussed hope that cannot be stolen and will never decay. This hope is in GOD’s rewards in heaven for each of those HE calls HIS own.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s rewards for me are based on HIS love HE has for me.
  • GOD sees what I  do for HIM and loves it so much that HE stores up rewards in heaven.
  • GOD’s rewards are not based on human performance, rather HIS overflowing love for me.

 

Knowing that being born into sin seemed unfair to me. I mean, because I was born I deserve to go to Hell?! Yes. But the other side to the unfairness is quite amazing. Just by belief in JESUS not only saves me from eternal separation from GOD, but gives me unimaginable rewards that can never fade.

 

GOD provides me with living hope to look beyond this life. This hope propels me into action for HIM. I am glad GOD cares enough for me to save me and reward me greatly.

 

Challenge

  • What hope is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever placed your hope in something or someone, only to be met with disappointment?
  • Will you seek living hope that actively seeks what GOD wants so you can receive rewards in heaven beyond your imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment