Wednesday, November 1, 2023

High Hopes

 

High Hopes

James 5: Be patient, then, my friends, until the Lord comes. See how patient farmers are as they wait for their land to produce precious crops. They wait patiently for the autumn and spring rains. You also must be patient. Keep your hopes high, for the day of the Lord's coming is near.

 

============

 

Seeing the results of growing vegetables, I planted more the next year. I waited in anticipation, but noticed “everything” was not growing fast enough. I added water to the ungrown seeds. Nothing. Later, I found out I was adding too much water.

 

  • I was impatient.
  • My efforts to speed things up ended up killing everything.
  • My high hopes were broken apart because of my impatience.

 

James gives an analogy, comparing hope to farming. He admires how patient farmers are as they tend to their crops, knowing they can’t make things happen in their time, rather they had to wait until the right time.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD has extreme patience with me.
  • GOD wants me to learn to have patience with HIS plans HE has for me.
  • GOD has the power to handle all my circumstances as HE advances HIS plan for me.

 

“Be Patient” are words that are sometimes difficult to hear. I mean, what about “this” trouble or “that” problem? GOD sees everything that can make me scared, worried or doubtful and provides comfort.

 

HE knows all the things that can run through my mind and HE steps in to intervene. HE knows the plans HE has for me. Plans to prosper and not to harm me. I am so glad GOD is in control of my plans. This keeps my hopes high.

 

Challenge

  • What is the result of patience mentioned by the writer?
  • Has GOD ever promised something to you and you lost patience waiting?
  • Will you not get weary and remain hopeful because GOD is in control of all your circumstances today?

No comments:

Post a Comment