Thursday, November 2, 2023

Patient Endurance

Patient Endurance

James 5: Do not complain against one another, my friends, so that God will not judge you. The Judge is near, ready to appear. 10 My friends, remember the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Take them as examples of patient endurance under suffering. 11 We call them happy because they endured. You have heard of Job's patience, and you know how the Lord provided for him in the end. For the Lord is full of mercy and compassion.

 

============

 

Going through difficult times, I just wanted some relief. I went out with people and it felt good for a couple of hours, but then I had to face my problems. After a while, going out was no longer effective.

 

  • I thought I could “fun” my way out of my problems.
  • I thought I could “enjoy” my way out of my circumstances.
  • I thought I could “entertain” my way out of my situation.

 

James starts off by providing a solution before giving the problem. He warns everyone about complaining against one another. This was a great solution, but what was the problem? Perhaps the people were going through difficulties and the advice other people were giving was to “complain.” Job’s friends gave this same kind of advice, but Job did not complain, rather he endured with patience.

 

My Observations:

  • I do not like suffering, BUT GOD helps me endure so HE can grow my faith.
  • I do not like life’s pain, BUT GOD has a plan that includes whatever I will go through.
  • I do not like to be hurt, BUT GOD comforts me when life brings on tremendous amounts of it.

 

Hurt, pain and suffering are things I want to avoid. I mean who wants to suffer? No one! BUT GOD knows the suffering I must endure because HE gave mankind free will. This gift may cause me to make decisions that can harm me or others. It also allows others to do the same. What can help this difficult set up? GOD.

 

HE provides the COMFORTER to go through the situations with us. HE feels the pain and knows what anguish I may face. HE then does something better. HE increases my faith in GOD as HE takes me through each circumstance, not around them. I am glad GOD grows me to patiently endure.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer start of by warning people about complaining about one another?
  • Have you ever suffered and got tired?
  • Will you ask GOD to help you through this period of suffering, knowing HIS plan for you is not complete, rather HE has some wonderful things in store for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment