Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Valuable Time

Valuable Time

1 Peter 1: 17 You call him Father, when you pray to God, who judges all people by the same standard, according to what each one has done; so then, spend the rest of your lives here on earth in reverence for him. 18 For you know what was paid to set you free from the worthless manner of life handed down by your ancestors. It was not something that can be destroyed, such as silver or gold; 19 it was the costly sacrifice of Christ, who was like a lamb without defect or flaw. 20 He had been chosen by God before the creation of the world and was revealed in these last days for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from death and gave him glory; and so your faith and hope are fixed on God.

 

============

 

Having a lot to do, I began my work. “Come to this event” was a challenge posed to me. I asked who would be there. But he insisted that I attend. I spent time driving to the event only to find out it was not what presented to me.

 

  • I felt that I had been tricked.
  • I felt upset that I could have been doing something more valuable with my time.
  • I felt I wasted my time going to an event that had nothing to do with what I was working on.

 

Peter tried to present CHRIST to everyone in terms of “value.” He provides sage advice to consider how precious JESUS is to the living versus only thinking of HIM as a being who prevents us from Hell. He suggests that everyone spend the rest of life in reverence of GOD.

 

My Observations:

  • Life can bring on challenges that require time, BUT GOD deserves much more of my time.
  • Trying to sustain a place to live, clothes on my back and food to eat can take time, BUT GOD should be thought of before I think of myself.
  • Pleasure can take time, BUT GOD is the one I should seek before I seek pleasure.

 

Valuing GOD can be difficult in a cynical world. I mean, when other people place value on the acquisition of things or the knowledge of humans, GOD can look like a magical genie who is made up to grant human wishes. This is a false presentation of the MOST HIGH.

 

GOD is the all powerful, all knowing being who is everywhere. HE is the creator who has no beginning and no end. HIS SON is the only way we can even believe in GOD. I gladly give my time in reverence of HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What value is the writer trying to portray?
  • What are your pursuits?
  • Are they more valuable to you than your relationship with JESUS?
  • Will you seek GOD’s kingdom through belief in JESUS, who died for your sins and has been raised from the dead to guide you to a better life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment