Monday, November 20, 2023

Great and Glorious Joy

Great and Glorious Joy

1 Peter 1: Be glad about this, even though it may now be necessary for you to be sad for a while because of the many kinds of trials you suffer. Their purpose is to prove that your faith is genuine. Even gold, which can be destroyed, is tested by fire; and so your faith, which is much more precious than gold, must also be tested, so that it may endure. Then you will receive praise and glory and honor on the Day when Jesus Christ is revealed. You love him, although you have not seen him, and you believe in him, although you do not now see him. So you rejoice with a great and glorious joy which words cannot express, because you are receiving the salvation of your souls, which is the purpose of your faith in him.

 

============

 

“Why me?” was my cry. It seemed like “everything” was going wrong in my life at the time. I began to explain to GOD what I was doing for HIM as I tried to get my life back on track with HIM. My explanations were met with more pain.

 

  • I was tired of facing more problems.
  • I was tired of being in pain.
  • I was tired of the situation I was in at the time.

 

Peter gave some hard to hear advice. He told those who were chosen by GOD to be glad, even though they were facing some difficult times. He then explained the purpose of the difficulty. Each person’s faith would be tested with the fires of trials to make it genuine.

 

My Observations:

  • Life is far more than what I can see when I am in the middle of a trial.
  • Looking back on the trials in my life, I understand more than I would, had I not gone through the trial.
  • GOD gives me the ability to praise HIM now instead of waiting on the day when JESUS returns.

 

Let’s be honest, trials are not fun. I mean, when I am in a trial, I want it to be over as quickly as possible. BUT GOD allows me to stay in the trial long enough to strengthen my faith in HIM. I cry out early in the trial, but later I see that HE is in the fire with me. HE protects me and guides me.

 

I can rejoice during the trial versus waiting for it to be over. This is a sign of “joy” over “happiness.” I can see GOD at work even though the results have not come to fruition. I praise GOD for what HE has done, is doing and will do!

 

Challenge

  • What purpose is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever gone through something difficult and came out stronger?
  • Will you praise GOD with “joy”, knowing JESUS has won the victory over all your trials and your salvation is more precious to HIM than you could ever imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment