Monday, November 27, 2023

Ready for Action

Ready for Action

1 Peter 1: 13 So then, have your minds ready for action. Keep alert and set your hope completely on the blessing which will be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 14 Be obedient to God, and do not allow your lives to be shaped by those desires you had when you were still ignorant. 15 Instead, be holy in all that you do, just as God who called you is holy. 16 The scripture says, “Be holy because I am holy.”

 

============

 

Feeling that I needed some “relief” from the pressures of work, I decided to go to the party. After that decision, I decided to do other things that wound up being more distractions from life. When I woke up on Monday, I realized, I had not studied at all for the quiz.

 

  • I was not ready.
  • I blamed the quiz on not being ready.
  • I felt worse because I was not ready and now I had more pressure that required “relief.”

 

Peter tried to get everyone off a vicious cycle of not being ready. He provides a path of “readiness” that includes hope, blessing, obedience and holiness. These actions will provide rewards from CHRIST.

 

My Observations:

  • Sin distracts me away from the peace of GOD, and I start to lose hope
  • Disobedience causes me to challenge GOD which in turn blinds me from HIS blessings.
  • Various desires stay top of mind, causing me to remain ignorant of who GOD really is.

 

Spiritual blindness and deafness are the result of not listening to GOD. I mean, when I go too long doing things “my” way, I stop listening to GOD, who has a better way. HE allows me to commit as many sins as I would like. HE warns me of the consequences and is just to bring judgment on me if I disobey. BUT GOD has grace that I do not understand.

 

HE gives me a better path that I can follow. JESUS lived a perfect life. HE is my example. HE lived in “holiness” and suggests that I do the same. The enemy wants me to act contrary to JESUS. I am glad HE gave me many examples of how to live an abundant life.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention the mind?
  • Have you ever thought of a plan to give yourself pleasure or “relief” from the pressures of this world?
  • Have you considered that not every plan you think of is good for you?
  • Will you consider placing all of you plans, thoughts and desires before the LORD and allow HIM to guide you to a better path today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment