Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Bringing Back

Bringing Back

James 5: 19 My friends, if any of you wander away from the truth and another one brings you back again, 20 remember this: whoever turns a sinner back from the wrong way will save that sinner's soul from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.

 

============

 

Furious at hypocrite “Christians”, I decided to stop going to church. I went to parties and “enjoyed” my days as much as I could. A few people tried to reach me with the valuable words of JESUS, but I could not listen until things really started going wrong for me.

 

  • I was hurt and angry.
  • I was curious about what the world had to offer and found out it had nothing.
  • I had no place to go so I turned back to GOD.

 

James provides some wise advice regarding those who try to walk away from GOD to fall into sin. He implies that everyone who sees a person walk away should keep trying to bring the person pack into the truth. He then explains the reward of forgiveness.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD knows the trouble I can get into and is always willing to take me back
  • GOD knows I may go through periods when I do not feel like following HIM, BUT HE is so loving that HE welcomes me back.
  • GOD knows I may choose the wrong way BUT HE wants me to choose HIS way which is the only way to life.

 

Choosing a destructive path seems foolish yet alluring. I mean, there may be times when I think GOD’s ways are not as important as the ways of the world. But when I fall deeper into trouble, I have nowhere to turn. I find myself without GOD and without help from the world. BUT GOD is gracious.

 

HE send people to me and sends HIS love through many other people. HE blesses me with HIS grace and wipes away my tears, heals my pain and guides me to the right path. I am glad GOD welcomes me back when I wander from HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer warn people about wandering?
  • Have you ever gotten tired of hearing about GOD, or tired about someone else’s approach to GOD that you felt you should leave HIM and try some things that you know in your heart may be harmful?
  • Will you allow GOD to speak to you through other people if you have turned away from GOD?
  • Will you continue to pursue those who have walked away so he or she may turn back to GOD and be forgiven of many sins?

No comments:

Post a Comment