Wednesday, November 22, 2023

For Your Benefit

For Your Benefit

1 Peter 1: 10 It was concerning this salvation that the prophets made careful search and investigation, and they prophesied about this gift which God would give you. 11 They tried to find out when the time would be and how it would come. This was the time to which Christ's Spirit in them was pointing, in predicting the sufferings that Christ would have to endure and the glory that would follow. 12 God revealed to these prophets that their work was not for their own benefit, but for yours, as they spoke about those things which you have now heard from the messengers who announced the Good News by the power of the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. These are things which even the angels would like to understand.

 

============

 

Collecting information about me and my family, the administrative assistant smiled and went away. Not thinking anything of it, I got back to work. Later I found out that she used the information to provide a special gift for my family.

 

  • I was excited!
  • I felt great that this was done for us.
  • I never thought I could be thought of in a special way.

 

Peter spoke about something very special that was given to mankind through the prophets. The announcement that JESUS would come to save humanity was given to prophets. Some may have felt special and others may not. But it wasn’t for their benefit that the message was given, rather it was for us.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD revealed the solution to all of humanity’s problems when HE gave the prophets the prediction of JESUS.
  • JESUS fulfilled every prophetic message through the suffering HE endured.
  • Even the angels are confounded over the action of JESUS.

 

Love of humans that is so strong that it made JESUS die for us is confusing. I mean, there is not a single human that would give up everything, be blamed for all problems and become the one and only sacrifice to save the world. BUT JESUS did.

 

HE did take on your sin and mine. HE knew HE was the only one who could walk sinless as a human, but remain powerful as GOD. Confusing? Yes it is, but it is this powerful love that you and I benefit from. I am grateful that I am loved deeply by GOD.

 

Challenge

  • What revelation did the writer speak of?
  • Have you ever wondered why JESUS would do what HE did for you?
  • Will you take some time to praise GOD for what HE has done and is doing in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment