Friday, August 30, 2024

Decision Making

Decision Making

Revelation 17: Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came to me and said, “Come, and I will show you how the famous prostitute is to be punished, that great city that is built near many rivers. The kings of the earth practiced sexual immorality with her, and the people of the world became drunk from drinking the wine of her immorality.”

 

============

 

Being out on my own felt great! I was free to make my own decisions and had no one to tell me what I could and could not do. The first night of my freedom led me to a party where everyone would get drunk. I joined in. The next morning I woke up, opened my door and there was a woman, passed out on the floor, outside my door. “Wow!, I’m going to like this place!” I said to myself!

 

  • I wanted to be part of the drunken parties.
  • I wanted to take part in the sex.
  • I wanted to do “what everyone else” was doing!

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, was addressed by one of the seven angels who held the bowls. The angel explained that whatever was causing the world to make bad decisions would be punished.

 

My Observations:

  • My decision making needed some guidance from GOD.
  • Following the world can cause me to get in trouble with GOD.
  • My clearest thinking includes times and ways to follow GOD.

 

Bad decisions seem easy to do and are plenteous these days. I mean, it seems like bad decisions are placed in front of me more that me searching them out. News and other media portray terrible ideas as the right thing to do. Meanwhile, morality gets questioned and even raised in heated debates. BUT GOD sees what’s going on.

 

JESUS knew you and I would choose the immorality versus HIS purity. HE never sinned, even though HE was tempted in the same way you and I were temped. HE died for our sins and was raised from the dead. All authority has been given to HIM. HE will judge the tempter, not the tempted, for those who believe in HIM. I am grateful for salvation from my sins.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer was noticed?
  • Have you ever wanted to be free to sin as much as you want?
  • Will you ask GOD for self-control and for protection from yourself, so HE can guide you to HIS Way, Truth and Life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment