Wednesday, August 7, 2024

What Am I Saying?

What Am I Saying?

Revelation 14: Then I saw another angel flying high in the air, with an eternal message of Good News to announce to the peoples of the earth, to every race, tribe, language, and nation. He said in a loud voice, “Honor God and praise his greatness! For the time has come for him to judge all people. Worship him who made heaven, earth, sea, and the springs of water!”

 

============

 

Saying a joke about someone got a few laughs. After a while, I was able to insult anyone who crossed my path. I became a jokester. But when I had something serious to say, people thought I was joking and brushed off the statements as unimportant.

 

  • I felt I had wasted my words.
  • I looked back on what I said and found no value.
  • I realized that words are important.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, saw another especial event. Another angel appeared with an eternal message of Good News. This was to be announced to every race, tribe, language and nation. “Honor GOD and praise HIS greatness!

 

My Observations:

  • GOD deserves honor and praise
  • GOD will judge all people at a set time.
  • GOD is worthy of worship because HE made heaven, earth, sea and springs of water.

 

How many of my words “Honor GOD?” I mean, even when I mention HIM, am I honoring HIM? GOD should be held in the highest esteem. Honor GOD means placing the highest value in who HE is and what HE does. Devaluing GOD, means seeing HIM as an obstacle, or a problem or not worthy of my time.

 

We only have so many words we will ever say in our lives. What’s important to GOD should be important to me. If he made a special event to tell us to Honor HIM, I should be willing to do so. I praise GOD from whom all blessings flow.

 

Challenge

  • What is the great message given to the writer?
  • Does the message seem mundane?
  • Will you seek to “honor” GOD and “worship” HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment