Thursday, August 1, 2024

Greater Than

Greater Than

Revelation 13: The beast was allowed to make proud claims which were insulting to God, and it was permitted to have authority for forty-two months. It began to curse God, his name, the place where he lives, and all those who live in heaven. It was allowed to fight against God's people and to defeat them, and it was given authority over every tribe, nation, language, and race. All people living on earth will worship it, except those whose names were written before the creation of the world in the book of the living which belongs to the Lamb that was killed.

 

============

 

“You are staying after school” were the words I thought I would never hear. I was minding my own business and was picked on by someone. Not knowing how to fight, I used my words to counter the attack. We got into a back and fort conversation that was escalating to a fight. The teacher intervened and I figured I was in the clear. “Both of you stay after school” she said. Then she pulled me to the side and said “You are bigger than this.”

 

  • I did not know what she meant about being bigger when she allowed me to be punished.
  • I thought innocence should be met with no problems.
  • I was not prepared for an adversary who wanted me to fail.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, wrote some uncomfortable things that will take place regarding believers in JESUS. He wrote about the beast who was given authority to insult and curse GOD. All the people would fall to worship the beast who would openly curse GOD and anyone associated with HIM. But not everyone will bow to the beast.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD allowed HIMSELF to be insulted.
  • GOD allowed HIMSELF to be cursed and for the beast to harm people.
  • GOD is greater than any insult, curse or fatal wound, because HE holds life, especially eternal life.

 

Life with purpose has to be looked at differently. I mean, when GOD is the purpose, insults, and injury take second place to HIS promises. HE knows there will be battles that are spiritual in nature. Innocent people will be blamed for declaring their belief in JESUS. BUT GOD sees.

 

JESUS dies because of HIS innocence. HE was blamed, insulted and killed. This spirit of hatred towards GOD still lives today. Politicians try to steal GOD for votes. Races try to make GOD into their image. BUT GOD knows who HE is and who truly believes in HIM. HE cannot fall to the level of the insulter because HE is greater than that!

 

Challenge

  • What, from the writer, is scary to you?
  • Have you ever been innocent, yet people come after you with twisted words, lies and insults?
  • Will you be “greater than” the insults and know JESUS has yours and my name in HIS book of life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment