Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Looking for Amazement

 

Looking for Amazement

Revelation 13: Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads; on each of its horns there was a crown, and on each of its heads there was a name that was insulting to God. The beast looked like a leopard, with feet like a bear's feet and a mouth like a lion's mouth. The dragon gave the beast his own power, his throne, and his vast authority. One of the heads of the beast seemed to have been fatally wounded, but the wound had healed. The whole earth was amazed and followed the beast. Everyone worshiped the dragon because he had given his authority to the beast. They worshiped the beast also, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who can fight against it?”

 

============

 

Hearing the smooth talker, I was amazed at what he said. I observed his style and noticed he said what people wanted to hear, no matter if it were true or not. “That’s it!” I thought to myself. Maybe I can “win” people over by saying whatever it took, even if were a lie, to get what “I” wanted.

 

  • I was willing to walk away from the truth to manufacture a lie.
  • I was willing to side up with people who seemed to be “winning” but were losing due to their harmful methods.
  • I wanted to get “my” way so badly, that I was willing to do some things that I shouldn’t have been doing.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved saw the dragon, Satan, give his power to the beast. At this time, “everyone” worshiped the dragon, because of the ability to make the beast powerful, as if to say, Make me powerful too.” The whole earth was amazed and willing to follow Satan.

 

My Observations:

  • People who belong to JESUS will never bow down to Satan.
  • GOD’s people, who remained faithful, following HIS commands and pacing his or her trust in JESUS as the Savior, will never bow to Satan.
  • Only those who remain in their unbelief can be deceived to follow Satan and worship him.

 

Why in the world did GOD give the most important message that could send people to heaven or hell, to unreliable humans? I mean, humans are inconsistent, hypocritical and selfish, all of us! GOD even said “No one is righteous.” BUT HE made a way that HE would not wipe out HIS creation. JESUS.

 

Believing in JESUS cleanses me of all unrighteousness. HE sends the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me to guide me in the way GOD wants me to live. HE gives me purpose to make HIM special, not myself. I am amazed at the grace of JESUS. HE is my hope.

 

Challenge

  • Do you think the writer had a hard time describing what HE saw?
  • Have you ever wanted to be in power so badly that you were willing to leave GOD to follow human “success?”
  • Will you be amazed at GOD’s grace for you and HIS power and authority today?

No comments:

Post a Comment