Tuesday, July 30, 2024

A Woman of Purpose

A Woman of Purpose

Revelation 12: 13 When the dragon realized that he had been thrown down to the earth, he began to pursue the woman who had given birth to the boy. 14 She was given the two wings of a large eagle in order to fly to her place in the desert, where she will be taken care of for three and a half years, safe from the dragon's attack. 15 And then from his mouth the dragon poured out a flood of water after the woman, so that it would carry her away. 16 But the earth helped the woman; it opened its mouth and swallowed the water that had come from the dragon's mouth. 17 The dragon was furious with the woman and went off to fight against the rest of her descendants, all those who obey God's commandments and are faithful to the truth revealed by Jesus. 18 And the dragon stood on the seashore.

 

============

 

“You shouldn’t go for it” was the bad advice I almost listened to. A person, who I thought was in my corner, was trying to convince me to not take a promotion because it was “uncertain.” But I took the position anyway. Later I found out that he wanted the position.

 

  • I was being deceived.
  • I was being pursued by someone who did not have my best interest in mind.
  • I was being protected.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, continued the vision he was given about Satan being thrown out of heaven to earth. He calls him “the dragon”  who displayed great powers. Since the birth of JESUS could not be stopped, the dragon tried to harm “the woman” or GOD’s people who obey HIS commands and are faithful to the truth revealed by JESUS.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD gives us purpose of spreading HIS message of love.
  • GOD knows the obstructions we will face because of Satan’s fury.
  • GOD gives us wings and tells the earth to swallow up the attacks of the enemy in order to protect us.

 

Protection is required when we profess JESUS as the Savior. I mean, I used to think life would be easier if I accepted JESUS as my Savior, but it got worse! Attack after attack, I wondered if GOD was listening or if HE had the power HE said HE had. Fortunately for me, GOD is gracious.

 

HE sees to attack of Satan from way off and provides you and me with the right thing at the right time. HE gives us “wings” when we need to fly and summons the earth to absorb the enemy’s attack. I am glad to be part of HIS bride as I continue in my faith.

 

Challenge

  • What protection does the writer mention?
  • Have you ever been attacked and did not know how to respond?
  • Will you seek GOD’s protection by believing in JESUS and know that HE has given you purpose, so HE will protect you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment