Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Only What’s Revealed

 

Only What’s Revealed

Revelation 10: Then I saw another mighty angel coming down out of heaven. He was wrapped in a cloud and had a rainbow around his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like columns of fire. He had a small scroll open in his hand. He put his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land, and called out in a loud voice that sounded like the roar of lions. After he had called out, the seven thunders answered with a roar. As soon as they spoke, I was about to write. But I heard a voice speak from heaven, “Keep secret what the seven thunders have said; do not write it down!”

 

============

 

Sitting in the room of executives, I heard some things that were being planned, but not ready for customers to hear. After saying what was planned, I was sworn to secrecy

 

  • I was trusted with strategic information.
  • I heard information that would affect a lot of people.
  • I was able to say only what I could reveal to the public.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard a supernatural conversation that he was about to write down. It was between a powerful angel and seven thunders. John was about to write down the reply of the seven thunders when a voice, perhaps JESUS emphatically said “Keep secret what the seven thunders have said; do not write it down!”

 

My Observations

  • GOD has revealed what HE wants mankind to understand about HIM.
  • GOD has not revealed everything HE is going to do.
  • GOD is sovereign, meaning HE has the right to conceal or reveal what HE wants to.

 

Protecting humans is GOD’s forte. I mean, when I try to think like GOD or question HIS actions, I find myself in trouble. I cannot figure out “why” or ”what” HE is doing. HE knows I cannot handle the future, nor can I repair the past, BUT HE can.

 

GOD’s thoughts and ways are far about any thought you and I can come up with. HE protects us from knowledge that would be harmful to us, but necessary to complete HIS plan. Knowing there is more to GOD than what is revealed helps me let go of trying to get my way.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer put emphasis on being told not to write down what was said?
  • Have you ever been told a secret that would affect other people?
  • Will you seek to understand GOD in the way HE revealed HIMSELF in the Bible, and have faith that HE has given enough information to help you in any situation you may face?

No comments:

Post a Comment