Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Fighting Nature

Revelation 9: Then the fifth angel blew his trumpet. I saw a star which had fallen down to the earth, and it was given the key to the abyss.  The star opened the abyss, and smoke poured out of it, like the smoke from a large furnace; the sunlight and the air were darkened by the smoke from the abyss. Locusts came down out of the smoke upon the earth, and they were given the same kind of power that scorpions have. They were told not to harm the grass or the trees or any other plant; they could harm only the people who did not have the mark of God's seal on their foreheads. The locusts were not allowed to kill these people, but only to torture them for five months. The pain caused by the torture is like the pain caused by a scorpion's sting. During those five months they will seek death, but will not find it; they will want to die, but death will flee from them.

============

 

On our way home from vacation, we stopped at a rest area to stretch our legs and use the bathroom. I was the first one out and I noticed a sign, pointing to a path. Not ready to end my vacation just yet, I asked “Would you all like to see the path?” “Yes” was the reply. Once inside we got swarmed by mosquitos!

 

  • I got bit by multiple mosquitos.
  • I was stung in awkward places like my ankle, the top of my head and my elbow.
  • I was uncomfortable for about a week or ten days.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard the fifth angel blow his trumpet. He saw nature move in different ways. A star, an abyss and locusts with special instructions were used to carry out GOD’s fifth part of tearing down Satan’s kingdom.

 

My Observations:

  • Things that I observe to have no intelligence, such as a star, can be used by GOD for HIS plan.
  • GOD has complete command over nature and has a plan to use it for HIS purpose.
  • At some point GOD will unleash nature against those who do not believe in HIM, HIS SON and HIS power.

 

Fighting nature is impossible, because it equates to fighting GOD. I mean, I can seek food, shelter and clothing as my basic necessities, but they are limited when it comes to fighting GOD. HE has the power to command nature to do as HE pleases.

 

Any past observations of how nature should act will be thrown out the window, because GOD will tell it to perform in a prescribed way that will baffle humans. HE will protect those who believe in HIS SON by telling nature not to harm HIS children.

 

Challenge

  • What parts of nature does the writer observe?
  • Some bugs emerge every seventeen years, so is it so far fetched that GOD can use locusts?
  • Will you focus on your relationship with CHRIST to not only avoid plagues, but to have an abundant life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment