Monday, July 29, 2024

Timing

Timing

Revelation 12: 10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven saying, “Now God's salvation has come! Now God has shown his power as King! Now his Messiah has shown his authority! For the one who stood before our God and accused believers day and night has been thrown out of heaven. 11 They won the victory over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the truth which they proclaimed; and they were willing to give up their lives and die. 12 And so be glad, you heavens, and all you that live there! But how terrible for the earth and the sea! For the Devil has come down to you, and he is filled with rage, because he knows that he has only a little time left.”

 

============

 

After giving up my desire to leave, I was resolved that I would spend the rest of my days in the town I moved to. I decided that I needed GOD in my life rather than the party scene I was known for. One day I got a phone call at my desk. “We would like for you to come work for us” were the words I was waiting on for months.

 

  • I was stunned and didn’t believe it at first.
  • I had been waiting for so long, that after a while I stopped thinking it would happen.
  • I was filled with new energy, knowing that it was finally time!

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, heard a voice in heaven talking about the arrival of the Messiah! John spoke about the timing being “Now” meaning there would be no more waiting and all that needed to be done was done. He also said that those who were accused by Satan “won the victory!”

 

My Observations:

  • Waiting on GOD with my own expectations can make me feel disappointed sometimes.
  • When GOD arrives with HIS solution, I can sometimes be a bit stunned.
  • JESUS has already won the victory, so I can celebrate “now!”

 

Being glad in the middle of a storm seems hard. I mean, when the time is tumultuous and it seems like nothing is going right, it doesn’t seem like a good time to celebrate. BUT GOD wants me to see beyond the storm.

 

JESUS won the victory over yours and my circumstances. While we cannot see it, HE has taken care of everything, even “that” thing that looks impossible to you. GOD formally declared that all was right so all we have to do is proclaim HIS victory until JESUS returns. I gladly am willing to speak about JESUS, even unto death.

 

Challenge

  • What timing does the writer mention?
  • Have you ever been waiting on something to happen for so long, that you just gave up?
  • Will you continue to proclaim GOD’s message of love and salvation even though your circumstance may not have cleared up today?

No comments:

Post a Comment