Friday, July 26, 2024

Thrown Out

Thrown Out

Revelation 12: Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, who fought back with his angels; but the dragon was defeated, and he and his angels were not allowed to stay in heaven any longer. The huge dragon was thrown out—that ancient serpent, named the Devil, or Satan, that deceived the whole world. He was thrown down to earth, and all his angels with him.

 

============

 

After a night of partying, I was tired. I went to bed in the wee hours of the morning, completely forgetting that I needed to open up the office. When I woke up, I remembered that I had to work, so I hurried downstairs to the dorm office. There I was met with a group of people who fired me, reminding me this had happened before.

 

  • I did not take my responsibility seriously.
  • I was not dependable.
  • I was thrown out of my easy position and had no one to blame but myself.

 

John, the disciple JESUS loved, witnessed the recap of Satan being thrown out of heaven. This recap happens after the seventh trumpet was blown. JESUS showed that HE had zero tolerance for Satan’s ways.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD hates my sin and yours.
  • JESUS knew that I would not choose HIS love, BUT HE died for me in the middle of my sins.
  • GOD’s tolerance for disbelief in the love JESUS showed is zero.

 

Being thrown out from GOD is quite final. I mean, once out with GOD, there is no return. Humans are given chances over and over and over again. We sin like it is no big deal and expect GOD to simply forgive. HE does, but only for those who believe that need forgiveness and salvation through JESUS and who repent.

 

GOD is willing to remove my sin as far as the east is from the west. HE is also willing to remember my sins no more. But for those who reject HIS act of love, GOD will take vengeance and repay. I choose to ask GOD for HIS forgiveness and guidance back to HIS path.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer repeat that Satan was thrown out?
  • Have you considered if you are taking advantage of GOD’s love or are rejecting the change HE wants from you?
  • If you have left GOD, will you seek HIM and ask HIM to change your ways so HE can guide you back to HIS path today?

No comments:

Post a Comment